The Maryland/Virginia Jedi Chapter Message Board › Hi fellow MD Jedi members I'm Stan your newest assistant organazer.

Hi fellow MD Jedi members I'm Stan your newest assistant organazer.

@kungfubarber
Stantastic
Perry Hall, MD
First I like to thank Aimee for making me an AO for this wonderful group.

My name is Stan. I host the martial arts portion of our group on the 2nd Sunday of the month out of my basement Dojo (training hall) or sometimes a nearby park in the White Marsh area. The meetings usually takes place around 4pm. Here's a little bit about my martial arts background. I have been taking martial arts for about 20 years. I have worked on different disciplines from Kung Fu to Brazillian JuJutsu, Kali, most recently I have taken and interest in Israeli self defense. I have competed in various tournaments when I was younger. I have taught for for about 10 years at the Baltimore Martial Arts Academy.

Here's a few things to not expect from the meetings. You will not become an Ultimate Fighter, although I would be happy to go over some moves that are used. You will not become an instant Navy Seal caliber butt kicker. But we will work on some self defense moves. Hopefully you will not be bored. I plan on making each of our meetings exciting and educational.

The meetings will start off with Movement Prep (warm ups). Inspired by the techniques used by Athletes Performance. I will go through our planned lesson and work on making sure we understand what we learn together. I will be available after the meetings and easily reached if you need to review some of what we learned. I like to also add that just because the meetings are physical in nature it doesn't mean you are not welcome to join us if you have any physical limitations. We encourage every member to join in our meetings. By the way I'm not going to make us do 300 push ups. Maybe 299 lol.

Most importantly I want this to be a relaxed meeting between members and friends. Also I would like to add just because the meeting is taking place at my house. It doesn't mean that I have to be the only one teaching. If you would like to teach at a meeting please feel free to do so. Let any of the organizers know that you have in interest in doing so and let us know what you have planned so we can post it up on the meetup site. We love doing things as a group and a great way to do that is to teach and learn from each other. I highly encourage sharing knowledge between members to build stronger relationships for our Jedi community.

Also I would like to remind our members that we are active in the Jedi Resource Center please take a look at it. We have many more like minded people from all over the world. Not just our local Maryland area. We would love to have more people from our meetup group represent us at the JRC we have MD group there too. Which is in essence our meetup group here.

Thank you all for taking the time to check this out. I'm looking forward to seeing you in the next meeting. If it's been a while since you been to a meeting or haven't been to one before. I welcome you to join us.

Stan"tastic"

feel free to contact me
through email
AIM: stancheung75