This tour will have three phases which you may join in its entirety or just per phase. Of course, we hope to have you with us for the whole enchilada. For right now, we're planning the Tour HQ to be the Country Squire Motel, New Holland, PA. They like us there and we like them. We'll send out a message after I've had the conversation with their management about availability and rates. Please hold off on contacting them until you hear from us.
Phase I will be the ride out to New Holland, PA, departing Friday Afternoon, May 16th. Those departing with us will enjoy a leisurely circuitous route, avoiding major highways and congestion, as we arrive in New Holland early evening and our lodging at the Country Squire Motel. That evening we'll spot a good location for dinner and just have fun kicking tires ... sort of a meet n' greet out in PA.
Phase II will be the big ryde of Saturday, May 17th. This will be a longer beautiful ryde through areas of Pennsylvania Amish country that some have previously enjoyed who joined us on the former MASR rally through last fall. It will include pre-planned breaks and a lunch stop. That evening, we'll have a slightly more organized meal (or not), the focus being on relaxation and fun. The Saturday ryde departs from East Parking Lot, Yoders Country Market and Restaurant, 14 Tower Road, New Holland, PA (MAP).
Phase III will be pack-out from our lodging, a Sunday Breakfast and then the ryde in a general direction of home ... home being Maryland. We will likely begin this ryde with a shorter lingering route through Lancaster County, and then tack to the west/southwest and back into rural Maryland. The tour will conclude in Sykesville, MD, where it began.
Yes, the format follows MASR somewhat closely (Gee, I wonder why?). The difference is that this time, it'll be of the Spyders, by the Spyders and for the Spyders! Stay tuned for more details.
1. I have contacted the Country Squire Motel in New Holland and have blocked five rooms for Friday evening (May 16th), and 15 rooms for Saturday (May 17th). The approximate single/double occupancy rates (including tax) is between $67/74 per night, respectively.
Please book now! Our event coincides with a local music festival, who's participants will also be booking at the Squire. Contact:
Country Squire Motel
504 E Main St, New Holland, PA 17557
Be sure to mention you are with the Maryland Spyder Web event.
2. Good News: The Pub, directly across the street from the Country Squire has its former manager back and the motel tells me it is back to its former glory after a year or two of less-fortunate service. The Pub has great food and is a fun place to be when things are running well. So, we have the Squire Side restaurant right with the motel, and The Pub across the street ... Lodging, breakfast, dinner and fun all at one location!
3. Some have indicated that they won't be joining us until the big ryde Saturday morning. However, it would be helpful if we could get a count as follows:
a. How many will be ryding out with us from Sykesville on Friday.
b. How many will be ryding in from all points to spend Friday Nite at the Squire?
c. Who will be only be meeting up with us on Saturday morning and ryding?
d. How many will be staying for dinner on Saturday?
e. How many will be staying the nite on Saturday?
f. How many will ryde with us Sunday?
Please email me personally at [masked]. Answer the above question simply with the letters that correspond to your plan. Examples:
b,c,d,e (means a party will be ryding in on and spending Friday nite, will ryde with us Saturday, have dinner and spend Saturday nite (we hope most will be in this category).
c,d (means party will be meeting up with us Saturday morning and having dinner with us Saturday nite).
... and so on. We have a spreadsheet of attendees and am tracking this information for our lodging and dining accommodations.
4. MSW Rules, and Waiver/Consent Release: All participants will sign a register indicating they have read and understand MSW's Rules and Guidelines, and the Consent and Liability Release Waiver. You are encouraged to print a copy of the Consent and Liability Release Waiver for your records.
5. Saturday Ryde: Departs from East Parking Lot, Yoders Country Market and Restaurant, 14 Tower Road, New Holland, PA (MAP) :
Begin forming up: 9:00-9:30am
Ryders Meeting: 9:45-10:00am
Ryde Begins: 10:15am.
Please do not just be ryding up at 10:am. There is important information to put out, all ryders are required to sign the waiver sheet. Latecomers will either cause the event to be delayed, or we will depart without you (and we don't want that).
You can always get in touch with me through my group profile on Meetup.
See you in May and ryde safe!