Massimo Bruno's Italian Supper Club Message Board › Italian Thanksgiving in Piemonte - Wine Reco!

Italian Thanksgiving in Piemonte - Wine Reco!

Andrea Sampson
user 8236047
East York, ON
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Good Afternoon everyone!

Well, I would suggest you stop eating now to save room for the wonderful food that Massimo will be preparing on Friday! He is busily getting everything ready for our get together and I, for one, am really excited to experience this region!

This week's get together is at Massimo's Kitchen Studio at 507 King St. East, which is just west of Sumac on King Street. The building itself is just at the bridge which goes over King (west of Sumac), there is free parking beside the building if you are driving. When you arrive, come to the front of the building and I will meet you to direct you in, if I am not there, just call me at 416-712-5365 and I will open the door (it is locked in the evenings) and direct you to the studio.

Piemonte boarders France and given that they share a climate, the wines from this region are exceptional. The menu that Massimo has planned for us will be excentuated by this region's wine so, have fun when you go LCBO shopping, this is your chance to really experience Piemonte without paying restaurant prices for their wine! Okay, so some suggestions, these are right off of the LCBO website so the prices should be accurate:

Dolcetto (Red):

• 06 DOLCETTO D'ALBA BRICCO VERGNE (BATASIOLO), VINTAGES $ 17.80
  • 08 DOLCETTO MONFERRATO PIEDMONT (BOERI ALFONSO) VINTAGES $ 13.95
  • BRICCO ROSSO DOLCETTO DI DOGLIANI 2006 VINTAGES $ 18.95

Barolo (Red):

• MARCHESI DI BAROLO MARÀIA BARBERA MONFERRATO 2006 $ 16.25
  • LE TENSE SASSELLA VALTELLINA SUPERIORE 2004 VINTAGES $ 24.95
  • FONTANAFREDDA BAROLO LCBO $ 29.95 | 8 Bonus reward mile(s)

Barbaresco (Red):

• BRICCO ROSSO DOLCETTO DI DOGLIANI 2006 VINTAGES $ 18.95
  • CARLO GIACOSA SILVAROSA ROSÉ VINTAGES $ 19.00
  • ABRIGO GIOVANNI BARBARESCO BASARIN 2004 VINTAGES $ 32.90

Gavi (White):

• LA RAIA GAVI 2007 VINTAGES $ 18.95
  • 06 LA BOLILINA GAVI DOCG (BERLUCCHI) VINTAGES $ 22.75

I am looking forward to meeting / seeing you on Friday! Take care, Andrea