Massimo Bruno's Italian Supper Club Message Board › Puglia Menu - UPDATED

Puglia Menu - UPDATED

Andrea S.
user 8236047
East York, ON
Hello Everyone, hope you had a great weekend and celebrated our Canadian athletes - 14 Golds! And #14 certainly was entertaining... I know I woke up this morning proud to be Canadian!

Okay, enough about us, let's talk about Italian food and specifically the foods of Puglia. As I may have mentioned (ok so I have mentioned it a lot!) we are in Massimo's home region of Puglia this month. And because he has a soft spot for the many dishes his Mom raised him on, he has decided to change he menu so you will get a better taste of this abundant and fertile region.

Massimo is creating a tapas or tasting style antipasti course with a number of dishes that will be served in small quantities but in plentiful numbers, see below for the details. In total I believe we will be experiencing 10 - 15 of Massimo's favorites, so it should be both entertaining and delicious as we watch Massimo bring his region to life in his kitchen and on our palattes.

If you haven't already secured your seat, I suggest you do so this week, if there is demand I will add a 3rd seating for this incredible feast.

­March 5th - Winter in Southern Italy - Puglia
­
March 26th - Winter in Southern Italy - Puglia

UPDATED MENU - PUGLIA

Antipasti served on tapas style tasting

• Homemade focaccia barese with olives
  • Involtini di peperoni(roasted pepper rolls)
  • Parmigiana di Melanzane(eggplant rolls)
  • Funghi gratinati(roasted oyster mushroom)
  • Frittata di asparagi(asparagus frittata)
  • Whole Fresh fior di latte mozzarella(yours to cut)
  • Insalata di polpo e gamberi(octopus salad with shrimps)
  • Pecorino e Capocollo with celery jam

Primi

• Cavatelli colle cime di rapa(handmade pasta with rapini and anchovie oil
  • Pappardelle colle fave bianche(Fresh homemade pappardelle with white fava pure)

Secondi

• Braciola alla barese(veal rolls in tomato sauce and white wine)
  • Spigola al sale(baked european seabass under seasalt)
  • Insalata di rucola(arugola salad)

Dolche

• Ricotta lemon cake
  • Roasted figs with almonds and lemon