Come experience an all-you-can-eat Ethiopian feast. Ethiopians eat with their right hands, using pieces of injera, a flat bread made out of fermented teff flour, to pick up bites of food. At this event, most of us will eat with our hands, but you have the option of using a fork.
Axum Ethiopian Restaurant is run by a dietitian. We always find that the food is not salty, not oily and the injera is the finest kind. We’ll have lots of opportunity to socialize as people get up and walk to the buffet and you’ll get to choose the dishes you prefer.
$17 CASH includes tax and tip (regular injera, which is teff and barley).
$19 CASH is the gluten-free price for those who want the more healthful, 100% teff flour injera.
Please bring cash and be ready to pay the hosts when you arrive.
Check out the menu:
• Miser Wot - Split Lentils Simmerd in Spicy Hot Sauce
• Gomen/Spinach - Fresh Collard Green or Spinach Simmered in Mild Sauce with Spices & Herbs
• Atikilt Wot - Fresh Green Beans & Fresh Carrots Simmered in Flavoured Mild Sauce
• Tikil Gomen - Cabbage, Carrot & Potatoes Simmered in Mild Sauce
• Inguday Tibs - Portbello Mushrooms Marinated & Sauteed with Onion, Garlic, Pepper, Fresh Tomato, Herbs & Spices
• Kik Alicha - Yellow Split Peas Simmered in Mild Sauce
N.B. To avoid your host having to pay for no show diners:
By RSVPing Yes to this dinner, you agree to pay for your meal if you cancel less than 24 hours before the event.
Those who do not reply to the RSVP questions for the event will be removed from the list. You are, however, welcome to reregister and answer the registration questions.