$15/diner inclusive. Buffet Lunch. See menu below.
11:00 Welcome and temple tour; 30 minute meditation teaching
When you arrive at this temple, you might be looking at the address you've written down and starting to get annoyed: the meetup gave you the wrong address! Or did you write it down wrong?
This really IS a temple in a skyscraper!
Either get elevator directly from T&T mall just next to Radisson Hotel to 6 floor Temple or get into 2nd floor of Radisson hotel , there is an elevator beside the Restaurant, you can go by elevator from 2nd floor to 6 floor Temple.
When you step inside, you will be blown away. You would never know it existed from the outside. Within its 6th floor premises, there is a huge meditation room with large gold Bodhisattvas, a library, a Buddhist restaurant and lots more. We'll have an organized tour of the entire premises (in small groups, with a personal tour leader) a meditation and following that a buffet lunch in one of the large rooms of the main temple.
We will be doing other events at temples throughout the year, as we have in past years, but the main advantage of this particular event, besides the delicious temple food, is that it is right beside the Aberdeen Skytrain station, making it one of the easiest events for our non-car driving members to attend.
Tel : [masked]
Free Parking space is available at Corner of Cambie Road and Hazbridge, however, in order to park for free, you must place a large sign inside your windshield saying "Meatless Meetup group Temple lunch free parking ".
1. Braised Tofu with Vegetarian Goose Meat: Tofu, shitake mushrooms,king oyster mushrooms, and vegetarian goose meat
* Tofu, vegetarian goose meat and mushroom all cut into perfect squares and simmered for hour with chef’s special sauce.
2. Sweet and Sour Spareribs: Vegetarian spareribs, pineapple, mushrooms and green bell peppers
* Marinated Spareribs lightly batter and deep fried then sautéed with pineapple, mushrooms and bell peppers then covered with sweet and sour sauce
3. Sautéed String Beans: Green beans, olive paste
* The natural sweetness of the green beans balances perfectly with the saltiness of the olive paste.
4. Fresh Salad：Mixed fresh greens accompanied by Avocado Lemon dressing
5. Braised Bean Curd with Enoki Mushroom: Bean curd, enokimushroom, and carrot
* Bean curd simmered in brown sauce, cut into slices and covered with stir-fried enoki mushroom and carrots
6. Rainbow Fried Rice: White rice, vegetables, vegetarian ham, and ginger
* Steamed white rice stir-fried with vegetarian ham, vegetables with a touch of ginger spice.
7. Pot stickers: Cabbage, tofu skin
* A crescent-shaped dumpling filled with vegetables, boiled and then panfried to golden brown on the bottom.
8. Vegetable Delight: Fresh cauliflower, broccoli, napa, mushrooms, red and green bell peppers, and veggie ham
* Fresh mixed vegetables stir-fried with white sauce.
9. Spring Rolls: Cabbage and carrots
* Mixed vegetables wrapped in a light flour wrapper and deep-fried into crisp golden brown
10. Honey Glazed Lotus Root: Lotus Root, sweet rice and honey
* Sliced lotus roots stuffed with sweet sticky rice, boiled and simmered with sugar honey (not bee honey) for hours until the right consistency.
11. Homemade Almond Cookies: Flour, vegetable oil, sugar, almonds
* Made with simple ingredient but a delicious treat!
12. Creamy Corn Soup: Corn, vegetarian ham, and tofu skin
13. Fresh Seasonal Fruits