|Sent on:||Thursday, September 1, 2011 8:31 PM|
The charity that runs this group (www.Earthsave.ca) is looking for a new Office Manager. Our current one is returning to school full time. I realize most of you getting this won't be looking for a job or have any friends looking for an admin job. But could you pass this ad below on to anyone you know who KNOWS people who do office admin?
While we sincerely appreciate dedication to our mission of promoting the plant based diet, the person we are looking for must have Quickbooks experience and office admin experience. No exceptions. As a registered charity, we want to run a tight ship and make you proud of us! :-)
Have you noticed that our group has hit almost 980 members? This is great! We would love to make it to 1000. Can you help? This means spreading the word to people who are not vegetarian. We're not a clique and everyone is welcome, veg or not! As we often say, there's no planet B, we're all in this together.
Thanks for your help with both of the above. Such great people in this meetup!
Nancy (on behalf of Earthsave Canada)
Earthsave Canada is seeking a part-time (4 days a week) Office Manager based at our office in Vancouver. Earthsave Canada is a registered charity that encourages the transition to a plant-based diet for health, environmental, and animal welfare concerns. For more information, visit: http://www.earthsave.ca.
Oversee the efficient running of Earthsave Canada’s office, including bookkeeping; develop efficient systems; formalize routines; oversee volunteers; and provide administrative support for campaigns and programs.
Duties and responsibilities
• Perform full-cycle accounting: accounts receivable reconciliation, financial statement preparation, accounts payable, payroll, filing tax remittances, and year-end
• Undertake general office administrative tasks
• Manage and maintain a database
• Manage membership program: process memberships, mail outs and inquiries
• Help with the production and mail-out of our newsletter and other publications
• Delegate tasks to key volunteers and manage volunteers
• Help with events, campaigns, and other initiatives
• At least 2 years experience in bookkeeping and office administration, preferably for a not-for-profit organization
• Excellent computer skills and thorough knowledge of Quickbooks and Microsoft Office Suite
• Well-organized, detail-oriented, and willing to learn and take initiative
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Experience working with volunteers
• Self-motivated and able to prioritize yet still maintain routine of timely weekly tasks
• Experience with new media and e-marketing, and content management systems would be beneficial
• Able to take direction and work closely with a Volunteer Board of Directors
• A demonstrated commitment to health, the environment and a plant-based lifestyle is an asset.
Compensation: Up to $17-$19 per hour depending on experience
Deadline for Application: September 27, 2011
Start Date: September 30, 2011
How to Apply
Send an email to nancy at earthsave.ca. Make sure your cover letter appears within the body of your email and that your resume is attached, with your last name on it, not “Earthsave.doc”. Make sure you have ready the names and numbers of your last three supervisors.