Welcome! Please briefly share what inspires you to join our group.
Seeking meaning in the everyday.
Any days or times that you'd prefer to meet? (examples: "Tues. mornings" "Sat. evenings" "Any afternoon" "Weeknights")
Would you like to join: Meditations for uplift, for health, for Moms/kids, for insight, for personal growth/ peace of mind, for women-only, or something else? Interested in lectures on the Buddha's teachings? Discussion groups?
Who We Are: People interested in learning meditation techniques for spiritual uplift, stress reduction, and personal growth; and also anyone interested more specifically in the teachings of the Buddha straight from the scriptures yet adapted to our needs here and now. Charlotte-born fully ordained Buddhist female monk, Ayya Sudhamma, brings to the group her 15 years of experience living in traditional Theravada Buddhist monasteries to offer a variety of meditation techniques and Buddhist wisdom. People of all religions are welcome. (We don't want to convert anyone.)
What We Do: We offer a variety of classes, such as meditation for stress reduction, mother-and-child meditation, women-only meditations, meditation for spiritual uplift, and traditional Buddhist lectures and discussion. Meditations are guided by Ayya Sudhamma.
Where We Meet: Most meetings will take place at a residence in northeast Charlotte, in the "Shamrock" neighborhood near Shamrock Dr & Eastway Dr (also not far from Shamrock & Sharon Amity). In good weather some meetings may be held outdoors at a park, or in other locations on request.
(Sorry about some of our group photos of hiking, gardening and other random activities; after our weekend meditation retreat at a YMCA camp last April the photos from our outdoor activities were posted, and Meetup randomly chooses what photos to highlight.)
* Tuesdays 7pm-8:30 pm weekly "An Evening for Personal Growth";
* Thursdays 3-4 pm weekly "Meditation for Awakening";
* [Temporarily suspended] Saturdays 10:15 -10:45 am weekly: "Gain a Little Peace of Joy" Child-friendly meditation for mothers;
* Saturdays 2 pm-2:30 pm weekly: "Meditation for Calm and Well-being" (followed by regular weekly scripture studies for any who wish to stay);
* Sunday mornings: 10-11:00 am Women's "Meditation for a Better Life" OR Sunday morning program for all (times to be announced but usually 10:00-ish) followed by Lunch then teachings for children (small ones then teens).
Our meetings may be adjusted in response to input from members like you. All feedback is welcome.