addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Meet Geek Tucson Message Board › Google plus community for SF

Google plus community for SF

A former member
Post #: 55
Hi all,

For anyone on G+, I started a community for Tucson Speculative Fiction. It is for geeks to discuss any aspect of geekdom from books to movies to anime to whatever! Just search communities for Tucson Speculative Fiction and click on the button to ask to join!

Cheryl
A former member
Post #: 760
Great Cheryl:

Don't forget to remind everyone about NanoWrMo which is an annual event held in November where people create 50,000 word novels in thirty days. I followed the process this last month and learned a lot, although my goal this year was not actually to produce a novel. They had a theme of action-figures although you weren't bound to the theme. Many dressed in their action theme figure to attend the writing events.

Second, the annual Tucson Festival of Books held on the UA Mall is going to be March 3-4th 2013. Last year we had over 100,000 people attend and over 100 authors speak over the course of three days. Was pretty great. I especially liked the wall-sized crossword puzzles located across the mall that were worked on together by the public. Was fun. Most events are free and they include all genres of fiction, as well as, non-fiction writers and books.

So what is Speculative Fiction? Splain please?

Deb
A former member
Post #: 56
Speculative Fiction is just an umbrella term for science fiction/fantasy/horror/etc. Faster to type!
A former member
Post #: 761
Thanks for the update. :>D