Think of this week as the Australia's got talent of the Alt .NET world. We have three contestants who will get up on stage and give it their all to convince you that their technology has what it takes to make it in this industry...
First we have on lightning talks, just one today (but always looking for more!):
Securing asp.net web api with Thinktecture Identity Model - Shiran Ginige
• HTTP Based security model
• Web API message handler pipeline
• How to secure Web API methods for basic authentication with Thinktecture model- demo
• Support for other types of authentication
• Access key type
• Claims based
This followed by two half hour pressos:
Bring some Clojure to your life - Andrew Bienert
• Clojure Syntax in 5 minutes - aka "yes it's a Lisp, get over it."
• The REPL- Data structures & collections
• Runtime Interop (both for the CLR and the JVM)
• The basics of Clojure's software transactional memory model.
• Demos based on the prototype work.
Building Enterprise Applications with SharePoint and Windows 8 - Shailen Sukul
SharePoint 2013 introduced developers to new ways of developing and distributing applications. Windows 8’s modern UI has also opened-up new opportunities to develop apps for the enterprise. Both evolutions are very exciting for developers!
In this session, we will be taking a look at the new features for developers. This will be done through an overview presentation where Shailen will demonstrate a SharePoint application in Office365, create a Windows 8 application then join the two together.
Shailen (pronounced Shay-Len) Sukul is a bleeding edge innovator, Architect, PM, Trainer and Developer, working with the latest Web technologies to create compelling solutions. He loves to present at user groups and write articles and whitepapers based on his work.
He currently works for Readify as a Senior SharePoint Architect.
You can follow him on @shailensukul and check out his blog at: www.shailensukul.com