NOTE: This is a Crosspost. This would be a good event to have some MakerSpace folks at b/c the people volunteering at TrepHub are likely the same group that would be interested in helping with Makerspace stuff too. We all meet at TrepHub and it's been a great community venue for geeks, creatives and startups alike. However, TrepHub is a non-profit running on a shoestring budget and only survives because of the people who volunteer and make it an amazing place to be.
Trephub isn't beholden to any special interests and is for and by the community here and only able to do so because of the immense amount of elbow grease provided by those of us in the community who want to see a more prosperous Space Coast, a place to thrive and geek out! We're no silicon valley, things are starting to become pretty awesome here.
All ranting aside, TrepHub needs help with a few things:
- Our Website is falling apart (which is kind of ironic considering our community) and could use quite a bit of help
- We need volunteers for organizing the next Startup Weekend
- We need some volunteers to help us with TrepHub's Outreach (we need other creatives, startups, geeks and people in general to know we exist and are doing cool things we want them to be involved in)
- We need some folks to help with more day to day aspects of keeping the place usable etc.
- We need leaders who can take on some of the new initiatives to help move us forward. This can be you, if you have an relatively selfless idea to get people together (no, not to get free labor, but rather something like organizing an event for founder dating, or pitching or html... you get the idea)
About the event:
We'll meet from Lunchtime to roughly dinnertime. TrepHub will provide lunch (pizza, unless we have some other sponsored lunch). We'll get together, discuss the stuff we have to do, and who want to help with which items. Break off into groups and work on it. It'll be fun and productive! And for those who've already given their time and efforts to TrepHub, there will be some exclusive (b/c you can't buy'em) SuperTrep T-Shirts going around too!