The Melbourne Open GIS event is on again at 6pm on Thursday the 29th of September at the OpenHub. Arrive after 6:00pm for a 6:30pm start.
Presentations will include:
- Roald de Wit (Bureau of Meteorology) - Free and Open Source Software for Geospatial Conference (FOSS4G2011) Denver debrief
- Simon Hope (Geoplex) - 'Brewing maps with TileMill'
- Ben Hosken (Flink Labs) - interactive data visualisation
- Simon Cropper (Botanicus) - natural resource mapping
- Denise McKenzie (DSE) - Vicmap API
Melbourne Open GIS is a forum to discuss open technology, standards and interoperability in GIS. Our meetings bring together professionals from geospatial and other disciplines in a casual environment for some presentations, informal discussions, socialising and some drinks supplied by our meeting sponsors.
We are seeking sponsors for our event. As well as our invited speakers, other organisations or individuals who bring a slab will have 5 minutes to present on a topic of their choice. (Blatant advertising will result in being sent to the bottle shop to purchase another slab.) Half-slab sponsorships are available to government and non-commercial presenters. Contact the group's organisers to register your interest.
- Who can attend: anyone (limited to the first 50 to RSVP)
- RSVP: required, via Meetup
- Parking: http://bit.ly/nOLtmt
- Twitter Hashtag: #MelbOpenGIS