We're back! Melbourne Open GIS is on again at 6pm on Thursday the 2nd of August at the OpenHub.
Melbourne Open GIS is a forum to discuss open technology, standards and interoperability in GIS. Our meetings bring together professionals from geospatial and other disciplines in a casual environment for some presentations, informal discussions, socialising and some drinks supplied by our meeting sponsors.
This meetup’s presentations:
- Simon Bond (EB Services) - Utilities Mapping with the OpenGeo Suite
- David Baxter (Digital Mapping Solutions) - QGIS
- Hervé Senot (Groundtruth) - Stuff you didn't think you could do with a browser
- Patrick Sunter - GTFS, the emerging standard for public transport network information
- and more...
If you’ve got something you’d like to show to the group in under five minutes, contact a group organiser to request a presentation slot. Preference will be given to sponsors (ie, turn up with a slab).
Based on feedback from our last meetup, we’re introducing a new format for presentations - five minutes presentation, plus five minutes Q&A. We hope this format will make for a more enjoyable evening, with enough time for a variety of content, reduce the need for speakers to prepare elaborate presentations, and finish in time to deliver us all to the pub for a meal afterwards.
This meetup’s sponsors:
We are seeking additional sponsors. Please contact a group organiser to express your interest and get your business’s name added to the event publicity, and don’t forget to bring along your slab. (Half-slab sponsorships are available to government and non-commercial entities.)
- Who can attend: anyone (limited to the first 50 to RSVP)
- RSVP: required, via Meetup
- Time: arrive at 6:00pm for drinks and networking before the presentations commence at 6:30pm
- Twitter Hashtag: #MelbOpenGIS
Suite 13, Level 1/243 Collins Street
Melbourne VIC 3000 (enter via Manchester Lane)
The building address is 243 Collins Street. However, the actual entrance is on Manchester Lane, about 20m down from Collins Street, and marked “Merigold on Collins”. Here’s a map: http://goo.gl/maps/1JEP. Press 13 on the intercom and we’ll buzz you in. Then take the stairs up to the first floor.
Parking info: http://bit.ly/nOLtmt