Melbourne Web Accessibility & Inclusive Design Message Board › Melbourne Accessibility Week: 18th - 22nd November
I'm passing on the details of Melbourne Accessibility Week which is on from 18th - 22nd November on behalf of Gian Wild and the AccessibilityOz team:
The conference day is on the Monday. Individual training days and half day sessions are Tuesday to Friday, covering a range of subject such as implementing HTML5, Creating Accessible Word, Video Captioning and PDF Tagging. We have also developed tailored training packages that cover the entire week or training streams aimed at managers, content authors or developers. Check out our website for details on the costing and package content.
Not-for-profits receive a 50% discount.
Councils receive a 20% discount.
Anyone registering for a training day can attend the seminar day for free.
AccessibilityOz has partnered with AWIA to develop three accreditation programs in the area of accessibility. You can complete one of the following streams:
- Content author stream accreditation (Creating accessible Word documents, WCAG2 for content authors, PDF tagging and Transcripts, captions & audio descriptions)
- Manager stream accreditation (Accessibility in the Web development lifecycle, WCAG2 for managers)
We've been working hard to bring you the best and brightest on our conference day. Hear from:
- Gian Wild (AccessibilityOz) about mobile and accessibility
- Daniel Craddock (Department of Justice, Vic) on creating alternatives to PDFs
- Ely Wallis (Museum Victoria) on crowdsourcing ALT attributes
For more information: http://accessibilityw... or http://accessibilityw...