Hey folks, let's meet up to have a chat about our stall at Bend and Snap Market a couple of weeks before it happens. Please come along and share your thoughts and ideas about how to display the items we'll be selling, how we should keep a record of sales, who's bringing the macaroons, and all the other important things. I'll answer questions and give you a bit more information while we're all together.
Let's meet at 11am in the cutest little cafe in town, Giraffe Cafe, have some brunch and do some planning, then wander down to 1000 Pound Bend for a look at the space. Giraffe Cafe is on Little Lonsdale St in the CBD, there's no tables on the street so it's easy to miss, but there's a sign out the front with a giraffe on it.
A few of us have done this before so we've got a bit of a system organised, but all thoughts and ideas are welcome. Some things to think about include:
- How will you display your craft? On shelves? In vintage suitcases? In frames? We have a white table cloth and a little bunting sign made from brown paper that works nicely, but if you have thoughts for how you'd like to display your own items now's the time to start collecting the bits to make it happen. I've been making a pinterest board of market stalls that look lovely. You can check it out for ideas here: pinterest.com/smallprfctgrape/craft-stalls-that-look-lovely
- What prices will you put on your items? We have an excellent box of market things that we've collected from the first market, this contains little tags and stickers that anyone can use.
- Willl you have packaging for your items? Again, we have small brown paper bags in the share box, but if you have plans for something special now's the time to organise it!
- How do we share out the space we've got fairly, especially if some pieces need more space than others?
- Last time we said that all prices should be rounded up to the dollar so we don't have to deal with small change. Is everyone happy to do this?
- Last time we also made sure everyone brought a list of the items they're selling with the prices, so when you're away from the stall we can still sell your stuff. Is everyone happy to use this system again?
- How to divide up the day so everyone gets some time off?
Do you have any ideas for how to go about these things? Any other things we should talk about? It'd be great if we could all have a think about it over the next few weeks, and combine our ideas when we get together.