All our craft stalls so far have made for lovely days in the sweet market vibe, so let's make this a regular thing that we do every month at Bend and Snap :)
Bend and Snap is a super cute artists market that takes place over a Sunday once a month. It's on the last Sunday of every month, and is in the back gallery of 1000 Pound Bend, attached to their sweet café.
For more info check out their website here:
I should stress that doing a market like this is a lovely day out, but not necessarily a goldmine kind of day. Sometimes we sell things, sometimes we don't.
Bend and Snap provide the table and chairs, so there's not too much stuff we'd have to provide, and we've already collected together the usual stall paraphernalia (table cloth, cash box, bits of signage, little brown paper bags etc) so we don't need to go on an epic hunt for any of that gear ever again! Awesome!
The cost of the stall is $45, so please pay $10 in advance. If we have five or more people join the stall I'll refund a little bit to each person so the amount paid by everyone equals $45.
- things to sell (if you bring about 5 things there'll be space for everyone and it's not too much pressure to produce heaps of stuff.)
- $20 in gold coins or small notes to add to the float (you will get this back at the end of the day)
- little shelves/ pretty fabric/ display boards/ signage, and anything else you think you might need to make your part of the table look nice. If you're stuck for ideas check out the "craft stalls that look lovely" pinterest board that I made: http://pinterest.com/smallprfctgrape/craft-stalls-that-look-lovely/
- business cards (if you have them)
Online promotions are awesome because it means people who like our stuff are more likely to come along to the market and buy our stuff. There's a couple of easy ways we can do this.
- Bend and Snap always put up a blog post about craft stalls that are going to be at their next market, so if you have RSVPed "yes" you'll likely get an email from me asking for some stuff for Melissa to put up. She usually writes some easy questions for us to answer and she loves photos :)
Here's her blog post from last time:
And a little mention we got on The Thousands:
And also the million photos Melissa took of the market on the day:
- If you're cool with it I'll also put your photos in an album on the Melb Alt Crafters facebook group. Like this one I did last time: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=oa.530493096997639&type=1
Let me know if you have any questions about anything above :)
P.S. Bend and Snap also love interactive craft activities, so if you have any ideas that you'd like to coordinate let me know, I'll make sure you get in touch with Melissa and give you a bit of support.