The weather's cooled down a bit but it's not winter yet, so I'm going to be making up stuff for us to do in my backyard until somebody stops me or it starts to get cold. Hooray!
First up, galaxy socks! All the kids are doing it!
There's a great tutorial on how to make them here, have a look to get a sense of what we'll be doing:
As you can see there's a few steps to go through with drying in between, so it's probably a good idea to bring another project to work on during the waiting times.
- A plate to share.
- Some white socks that fit you - cotton would be best.
- One bottle of dye to share (blue, purple, yellow, and orange are good colours to use for this, but let us know in the comments section what colour you're bringing so we don't all get the same one)
- Acrylic paint to share (again, let us know in the comments section so we don't double up on colours)
- Gloves to protect your hands from bleach (I'll be using a pair of old washing up gloves)
- Anything else you want to add to the general collection of stuff we'll be using.
I'll have some black dye, a bit of paint, bucket/ laundry tub, bleach, old paint brushes and sponges, newspaper, iron, and a couple of spray bottles.
Meet at the address above at 1pm, and we'll stick around till the socks are done.