Melbourne MongoDB User group Message Board › Anyone interested in taking over as organiser the MongoDB group?

Anyone interested in taking over as organiser the MongoDB group?

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello All

Unfortunately i've neglected to do anything with the group for a few months now.
I think MongoDB is a great product and it would be great if someone from the group would like to continue the group. I'm about to become a new dad any day now, so my schedule is going to be quite occupied in the coming months and I don't want this group to be neglected (anymore than it has been already)

Thanks
Dougal
A former member
Post #: 12
Dougal,

I sent you a message and just want to make sure that we are able to get this thing change to my ownership so i can start to move forward with growing the group.

In my note, i also mentioned that we were going to be trying to get a meeting up off of the ground for one of the MongoDB developer that is coming into down on the 25th ...do you think you can help with this?

Thanks,
Sam
A former member
Dougal,

I can't really commit to taking ownership of the group (already run Data Melbourne and a StartUp) - but I'd love to see it continue and I'm very happy to help out and be involved (just not be responsible!).

Samantha - if you need someone on the ground here in Melbourne to help out, we've got a vested interest in promoting MongoDB, it's a core part of the backend of http://trunk.ly..., we've been using it for almost 2 years now and we were at the MongoSF conference in April / May last year.

I'm not always around however, but I'm happy to help out where I can.

Cheers,

Tim
A former member
Post #: 15
Tim -

I sent you an email earlier .. looking forward to helping the group get stronger!

Please let me know if we have a space that we can host Scott at in a week...

Thansk,
Sam
A former member
Sam, how many people do you need to accommodate? I could inquire on our meeting rooms here at Carsales if you need somewhere.

We are based in Hawthorn, about 5 min walk from Hawthorn station