Welcome Meetup Members! Are you interested in attending business events in, and around, your area? Are you tired of meeting the same people, and visiting the same establishments? Are the topics getting boring, and the drives getting longer? If you answered YES to any, or all, of the questions, you have come to the right place.
Our Meetups are hosted by our Members (or Participating Hosts) and, therefore, provide more opportunities to make new connections, explore more opportunities, check out different venues, hear from a variety of speakers (on a variety of topics), attend workshops, seminars, strictly networking events or a combination of each. It's entirely up to you. Participating Hosts are tasked with keeping it interesting.
Be sure to rate each event. If a Participating Host receives a series of unfavorable ratings, from different attendees, they will be removed from their Host role.
Please note, the Organizer of this Meetup is not associated or affiliated with the Participating Host, and cannot be held liable for situations resulting from a Participating Host's event. Therefore, please select events on this calendar, at your own discretion, as your would any other Meetup event.
Many of our Members have expressed an interest in hosting their events, as part of our Meetup, and we believe it's a great idea. Doing so would increase the selection of business events, and the areas in which they take place.
Therefore, if you are interested in hosting a Business Meetup, here are the criteria:
(1) Join this Meetup Group
(2) Attend at least one event on the Meetup Calendar per month within 20 miles of your home or business (if one exists). Participating Hosts should benefit other hosts, and not just themselves.
(3) Submit your Flyer w/registration link - Due to limited time, no additional content will be added
(4) There is a $10/Month fee for anyone Opting In as a Participating Host. Simply select the "Donate to Group" each month. As soon as you submit your first Host contribution, you become a Host; however, all guidelines of a Participating Host must be met before your event is added to the calendar.
(5) Your Opt-In will allow you to submit One Event/month. After you have been a Contributing Host for three months, it will increase to Two Events/month.
(6) Members are asked to rate each event. If your event ratings are consistently unfavorable, by a number of people, you will be removed as a Participating Host. If the Organizer believes your events are not in line with our Meetup's vision, of inclusion or otherwise, you will be removed as a Participating Host. In the event you are asked to step down from your Participating Host role, no refund will be issued, in part or in whole, of your Participating Host fees.
Participating Host fees allow us to pay Meetup and utilize our time to maintain the Meetup Group, and its integrity, as well as to market and promote the group. Individual events are not promoted, outside of Meetup, as part of the $10 fee. However, an Announcement and Reminder will be sent to the group for each event.
Please note: We maintain the right to decline any event which does not clearly, and honestly, describe its purpose (i.e. if you are hosting a business opportunity meeting/network marketing event, shopping spree or real estate investment event, that must be on the flyer). No flyers exhibiting alcohol, tobacco, drugs, firearms, violence, sex (explicit or implied) will be accepted. This Meetup's focus is Business! We do not include events that target a specific race or religion.
Let's continue to host Business Meetups for another 8 years! It has been a pleasure.