Memphis Geek Club Message Board › Places to Meet

Places to Meet

A former member
Post #: 38
Hey Everyone!

I'm looking for ideas on good places we could meet to dine and play board games. I created the Little Rock Geek Club over a year ago (www.meetup.com/LRgeek) and I used to host events at an Irish pub called Hibernia's. It was a really good location because they had a room that I could reserve for free and let us play board games. I'm new to Memphis so I don't really know where all the good places are yet. I love Thai food and I checked out Thai Bistro this week off of Germantown Parkway and I was thinking about having an event there like on a Tuesday night. An important factor in considering locations is the noise level. I hosted events in the past at popular places when I was in Little Rock and the noise of the crowd could totally ruin the event, so noise level is important. I would also prefer locations on the east side of Memphis that are close to me and easy to get to. I don't want to mess with any places that have bad parking or anything like that. I'm all about convenience. If anyone has some ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Jodin
Arianna
AnnaE3
Memphis, TN
Post #: 2
Hey,

We had a really great turn out this last meetup on 2/25. I think we might have enough interest to start a Midtown group maybe on Sundays or another day during the week? ;) I still think that Republic Coffee would be a good place, and Heather and Nathan have offered up their space in an exceptionally kind gesture. Trevor has also offered up his place.

We could host a sort of potluck at either place and plan a few sessions of games. Perhaps some DnD/Twilight for some of the group and quicker games for those of us with less gaming stamina? ;)
A former member
Post #: 46
Sounds good to me. I can designate Heather or Nathan or Trevor as an assistant organizer. I'm totally cool with that. In fact, it helps me out a great deal since I'm new to Memphis and don't know much about the city. As assistant organizers, they can schedule their own meetups and email members and control the events criteria to their liking. It is easier for them to do all this themselves than to coordinate it through me and this is why I propose the assistant organizer role.
A former member
Post #: 47
I went ahead and made Nathan and Trevor assistant organizers so they can plan some midtown events.
A former member
Post #: 8
I went ahead and made Nathan and Trevor assistant organizers so they can plan some midtown events.

Great! There were several Midtowners present at Newk's. I also have a large-ish private space available in G-town as well - hoping to plan a Twilight Imperium event asap.