Memphis Geek Club Message Board › book suggestion

book suggestion

user 13939802
Germantown, TN
Post #: 7
Mr. MothGurgle's Hideous Tales of Preposterous Nonsense

read my book or i will poke a kitchen appliance of yours with a pointy plastic stick :P
user 13939802
Germantown, TN
Post #: 8
wow a geek club that reads books and one of them published a book and no one is even curious
A former member
Post #: 8
I'm curious. What's it about?

I'm going to start reading this. If you're a child of the 80s it sounds pretty kewl.­
user 13939802
Germantown, TN
Post #: 9
a man who traveled some otherworldly places for many years kept some notes in poems and drawnings...and eventualy lost this notebook/sketchpad
tha readon would be a person who finds it
tha book itself has no explaination of this due to me wanting to keep a close to tha feeling found some weird old notebook/sketchpad and have no idea where it came from or who wrote it silly it about real places? ect ect
in general it is an art book...woth poems as decoration...cause im not much of a poet but more of a drawings and paintings kinda person
i know risky not to explain things but i would rather be me and fail than be what i think other people want and fail or succeed

also for me its like flowers...they have some meaning or rason or purpose...but i could care less when i look at them just to see they are pretty and enjoyable to see

my work most times is tha same....just to enjoy

hahaha...that is funny you mention that book...some one pointed it out to me not to long ago and i have thought about getting it

that reminds me mine is also there on amazon with that look inside feature if ya wanna have a look
Cordova, TN
Post #: 12
Sam, with all due's a suggestion for a way you might have approached this to get more interest in your book.

Post a short description of the book, using standard punctuation, capitalization, spelling, and grammar (to convince the potential reader that you can craft an understandable book).

Provide a link to the book on Amazon (or elsewhere) so the potential reader doesn't have to search. Sure, searching is easy, but for some people the lack of a link is all they need to say "maybe I'll search later", and then forget. Make it easier than falling off a chair!

Win the potential reader over with friendliness, rather than insults (playful as they might be).

user 13939802
Germantown, TN
Post #: 10
"(to convince the potential reader that you can craft an understandable book)."

because tha fact it got published isn't enough?

and what insults?

im not trying to get interest in my not trying to sell anything...i was just making an observation
A former member
Post #: 14

It sounded like you were trying to sell a book to me, too. By shaming us you were going to make buy your book. I agree with Keith not a good way to go.
user 13939802
Germantown, TN
Post #: 11
well i wasnt trying to sell anyone anything...are you trying to convince me i am doing something i am not?
shaming? i am sorry you imagine such negative things