Memphis Geek Club Message Board › D&D Campaign elements

D&D Campaign elements

A former member
Post #: 9
So you've FINALLY found a group of people who wanna play D&D. People will be taking turns as GM so it's a good idea to know what you're getting into before eveything gets started. "What do you like on your pizza?" smile

I like:

-- humanocentric campaigns. I like it when we play PEOPLE and encounter things that are NOT people.

-- low-magic campaigns. I like it when magic exists (and we may even have a spellcaster in the group) but it's rare and hard to find.

-- economic elements. I like it when my character (or my company) can make use of accumulated wealth and influence to purchase land, build property, forge empires and generally throw our collective weight around.

-- moral dilemmas. I like plot elements that cause characters (and players) to question and test their beliefs about social issues and the nature of Good and Evil.

-- miniature combat. I like conducting combat situations using miniatures to capitalize on the subtleties of the combat rules and feats.
Jonathan
user 9147992
Memphis, TN
Post #: 5
All sounds good. I like for the game to move quickly. I don't like for 10 seconds of combat to take 10 minutes. I don't like to role play shopping. I like an interesting story that involves personal aspects of the characters. I like dire life threatening situations where sometimes you have to runaway or you're going to die.
Perry S.
user 39826732
Holly Springs, MS
Post #: 6
Both your comments sound pretty darn good....except for the rarity of magic. IMO if magic is rare it tends to be too much like we are simply in Europe during the dark ages. I prefer a land of elves, dwarves, humans, trolls, etc. AND ghost, gouls, dragons, fairies, magical pools, godlings.......even things i DON'T know about(i'm not that familiar with D&D). Things hack and slash will do NOTHING against so my caster can shine too :). But, that said, with diff. DMs we should be able to do diff types of questing and i like roleplaying no matter the scenario even tho i may like some scenarios more than others.
michelle g.
user 84294092
Germantown, TN
Post #: 1
hi my nais me is michelle and i was wondering when u meet up and play. my email ladywolf591970@yahoo.com my phone number is 901-730-0322. feel free to email me or just give me a call.
A former member
Post #: 8
I prefer a game with unpredictable elements in it. When things get mundane or to straightforward a few fey can completely change things.