Memphis Geek Club Message Board › Taking Applications

Taking Applications

A former member
Hey Coolest People I Know in Memphis!

I want to thank everyone for the emails and texts congratulating me on my new job and my move to Austin! It really makes it worthwhile to know that people cared about the efforts I made to bring geeks together in Memphis. I've already joined the Central Texas Boardgamers Group here in Austin and I'm looking forward to hanging out with some new boardgame geeks! I'm holding off on starting a new club because it is a lot of work and I want to try just being an assistant organizer and helping a chief organizer out with their already-established club. If I don't like the events and such, then I will do what I've always done and create my own! LOL I think I should be able to find a group here to my liking. To give you all some perspective, Memphis has 123 meetup groups and Austin has 1,604! It's not all about the population either. Kansas City, where I used to live, has 455 clubs on Meetup, which is less than 1/3 of Austin's total groups. Interesting fact, the Kansas City Geek Club gave me the idea for the Little Rock Geek Club (Little Rock has fewer clubs than Memphis last time I checked). The success of the Little Rock Geek Club encouraged me to start the Memphis Geek Club, which I feel was a success as well thanks to some outgoing and enthusiastic members!

I would hate to see the Memphis Geek Club disappear so I am looking for someone to take over running the club. As chief organizer, you will have to pay for upkeep of the site but you will have total control of the club. You can rename the club, change the look of the home page, change the club description, and even kick me out (LOL)! So if you are interested in being the chief organizer, please let me know and I will take you into consideration when I pass the reins!

Thanks,

Jodin