Memphis Geek Club Message Board › Greetings Loyal Geeks and Nerds as Well

Greetings Loyal Geeks and Nerds as Well

user 7480058
Group Organizer
Memphis, TN
Dear Group,

As we mourn the passing into Austin of our dear leader Jodin, I have decided to step up and become the designated meetup organizer. I had been caught up in finishing a novel and would have sent out a message sooner. (Could use Beta Readers if anyone wants to read about a young man who goes to Wall Street and gets a lucky break that might not be so lucky.) I'm trying to get the Newk's meetup back on either a bit earlier on Saturday or Sunday afternoon. Input appreciated. A

I'm going to try to post in addition to gaming more geeky events like tech meetups such as Ignite Memphis or Speakers such as Anthony Bourdain. Look forward to seeing everyone at Gamecon at a minimum.

I had originally indicated to Jodin that I'd be willing to sponsor the group if someone else wanted to be organizer. To that end I'm happy to announce that I won't be dunning you for contributions due to the Group's new sponsor, David Sandy, the geek friendly Memphis Realtor, (TM).

Look forward to meeting again.

Very Truly Yours,

David Sandy

Group Organizer

Michael W.
user 32363902
West Memphis, AR
Post #: 8
I don't know where any of these places are and i have no ride but im down to play
Gavin A.
Memphis, TN
Post #: 1
Thank you David Sandy! We appreciate your sponsorship!
Cordova, TN
Post #: 15
Thanks for keeping the group alive, David!
A former member
Post #: 4
Thanks for keeping the group going. I would love to see the Saturday meetups at Newk's happening again they were the only meetings I consistently saw quite a few people at. Especially since the only ones I see now are on weekdays
Memphis, TN
I'd like to add my voice to Jerrelle's in a hearty request for the return of regular (or even semi-regular) Saturday meetups. Since those went away, I've been unable to be involved as I consistently have a Wednesday night time commitment, and other weeknight events are nigh impossible for me to attend. (Main reasons being a pesky 8-5 job and a large dog that doesn't do well when left inside alone for most of the day.)

It's been pointed out that there are gaming meetups elsewhere on Saturday, but I really enjoyed gaming with the people I was getting to know in this group. It would also be nice to see some get-together ideas for things other than gaming with the occasional movie or tabletop session thrown in. "Geek" is such a multifaceted word, I think.
Katherine A.
user 114867442
Memphis, TN

Am I allowed to post a link to my website(s) here?
user 7480058
Group Organizer
Memphis, TN
Post #: 3
only if it's related and noncommercial you can send anything to me for approval if there's a question.
Lindsay S.
user 162754512
Germantown, TN
Hi! I just joined today---literally about 10 minutes ago. I'm also worried about how I will be notified about where the meetups will take place. I'm very directionally challenged, but I would so very much love to be apart of the group. :)