align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Memphis Geek Club Message Board › Rift rpg

Rift rpg

kaz
user 4343705
Memphis, TN
Post #: 124
Hello all, I've been talking to a few people now who have mentioned they might be interested in playing this or have int he past. So would anyone be interested and would anyone be willing to run?
William W.
user 80067622
Memphis, TN
Post #: 1
Palladium's Rifts RPG can be alot of fun. I have several of the books, but haven't played it in years. While I don't have the time to run it, if scheduling permits I'd be interested in playing. We'd probably need a whole session for character generation, as that can be kinda time consuming IMHO.
kaz
user 4343705
Memphis, TN
Post #: 125
Yeah character generation can take a bit if we start at first level, higher levels and it's like wth mate. I have digital copies of the books, but honestly do not have enough experience to run it.
Jay S.
user 73193502
Arlington, TN
Post #: 3
Sounds good all. I have been a long time player and GM of the Palladium Books system of games, and know the system inside and out. I would be more than willing to run some games. I have nearly all the books, hard copy and now pdf as well.

I am thinking perhaps a few 2 or 3 one shot different types of games from the system to get a feel for players and get people familiar/refreshed with the system. Then perhaps turn that into a game type we can all agree on make characters and turn it an ongoing campaign.

I can probably start/run the first game on July-13 or 20th. Let me know what would work for everyone.
kaz
user 4343705
Memphis, TN
Post #: 126
Works for me. I should be back by the 13th.
Ben
user 98697432
Memphis, TN
Post #: 1
NOW THAT IS MY GAME! I GM'rd and played Rifts for about 10 yrs! Would love to play again since its been a wile. Count me in!
Jay S.
user 73193502
Arlington, TN
Post #: 4
It sounds like we have some interest here. I will start putting together an adventure and pregen characters and post a game time in the near future.
William W.
user 80067622
Memphis, TN
Post #: 2
I'm very interested, but will be out of town a good bit in July so I may miss some of the games.
kaz
user 4343705
Memphis, TN
Post #: 127
That's fine.Will August be better for you
Jay S.
user 73193502
Arlington, TN
Post #: 5
William, I plan to run a few one shot adventures the first month or two (July-August) so that everyone who would like to give it a try gets a chance. From there I will be looking for a regular weekly/bi-weekly group to dive into an ongoing campaign. Hope to see you at future games.