addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Memphis Geek Club Message Board › Any fellow geek parents?

Any fellow geek parents?

Megan
user 11254842
Memphis, TN
Post #: 1
I get the weekly invites to hangouts and games, but have two kids and usually can't make it because of that.. but still really want to meet other fellow geeks 8) Wondering if any other parents have the same issue? Looking for kid-friendly events, or possibility of starting one myself.. that is if anyone else is interested :)
Brandon H.
user 10550754
Memphis, TN
Post #: 4
Hello! Yeah, all of the in-home gaming sessions are kid-friendly.

Clayton & Liz host TGIF on the 2nd & 4th Fridays and several people bring their whole families
Matt & Tiffany Braby host the first Friday night and have kids of their own; other's bring theirs
Andrew & Angie Fuschi host the 4th Friday and have kids of their own as well; likewise other parents bring their kids
Lastly, although we only usually host when there's a 5th Friday and don't have kids of our own, my wife operates an in-home childcare and so we have people whom bring their children along with them.

In other words, unless Friday nights are inconvenient for your family and you, there are plenty of opportunities.

In closing, depending on the age of your children, we sometimes see kids playing some of the lighter games together, the adults even make it a point to include them in the fun when possible. There are quite spaces available in each of the houses where you can utilize a monitor and keep playing, while your kids sleep.

Hope all that brings you out soon!

Brandon
Megan
user 11254842
Memphis, TN
Post #: 2
Night times wouldn't work as well for me due to the age of my kids, but I'm so glad to hear that most of the meetings are accommodating for families!! And even to hear that other gamer parents are out there. I will definitely try to make it out soon. Thank you for the info! Much appreciated.