Memphis Outdoor Adventures Message Board Where to go? › Backpacking

Backpacking

Eddie M.
user 13638815
Abbeville, MS
Post #: 1
I am looking to see if there are any people here that is new to or interested in backpacking. If I can get 2 or 3 together I will lead a beginner trip in Ar for a overnight backpack trip. I should have enough equipment for up to 2 or 3 so this shouldn't be an issue. Just post if your interested and if you do or don't have any equipment, if you do let me know what you have. We will have a meeting soon to talk where and when.

Eddie
A former member
I am looking to see if there are any people here that is new to or interested in backpacking. If I can get 2 or 3 together I will lead a beginner trip in Ar for a overnight backpack trip. I should have enough equipment for up to 2 or 3 so this shouldn't be an issue. Just post if your interested and if you do or don't have any equipment, if you do let me know what you have. We will have a meeting soon to talk where and when.

Eddie

I'm in! I have a little gear, but definitely a beginner.
-Allison
Cathy N.
user 14158828
Memphis, TN
I have minimal gear but I would like to try it too. Also a beginner.
Eddie M.
user 13638815
Abbeville, MS
Post #: 2
Wow this was fast.. I think Howard was wanting to do something too. Let me talk with him and see what we can get going. We will set up a meeting to see what you gals have and or need and see who else is in.
A former member
Hi, there!
Let me know what days you're planning for, how long the trip is, if you're carpooling, and I will look into it. I have my own gear.... Thanks for organizing!
Eddie M.
user 13638815
Abbeville, MS
Post #: 4
Lisa.. you will be more than welcome to come out anywhere we go. Right now I am trying to just get a meet and greet together to see if we have any new backpackers out there. I got a few things I want to check on and then maybe you can come out where ever we meet and bring some gear out to show everyone. I plan to bring my pack out and let everyone rummage through it to see some of the gear I use. I may even try to get Outdoors Inc involved and see if we cant do it as a demo day. Maybe set it up at Shelby Farms or Shelby Forrest.. it would be kind of cool.
Dana M
MemphisMaven
Group Organizer
Memphis, TN
Post #: 70
I'm in and willing to help with whatever:)
Don
user 11226304
Memphis, TN
Post #: 3
I'm new to backpacking but would enjoy learning more about the proper equipment, etc. Count me in for any Meet & Greet gathering as well as any overnight trip.

Don
Eddie M.
user 13638815
Abbeville, MS
Post #: 6
I am trying to get a get together where we can do a car camp and hike together. That away people can get a better feel for what they are getting into, see what type of gear they want, and get a feel for what its like to walk with a pack on their back and find out how to cut that weight off their back. I am leaning to doing a weekend hike either at Arkabutla Lake where we could to about a 5 mile hike with packs yet still stay in a campground close to a car, or the other is Big Hill Pond where we can still do all that plus have the option of a overnight on a trail. Arkabutla Lake would be a little closer but Big Hill would be a little more scenic.
A former member
Eddie,

I have quite a bit or gear & love to Backpack. Let me know when & where you finally plan on meeting and I'll be there.
I would love to go backpacking also.