addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Mike
user 13852629
Memphis, TN
Post #: 2
This park goes by several names (Nesbit Park, Bartlett Park), but is most commonly referred to as Stanky Creek. It was built primarily for and is maintained by mountain bikers, but you will see trail runners and hikers also. I don't know the full history on it so if anyone else does please add to the post. There are 3 loops of varying sizes to choose from (map 1, map 2) and a good map in the parking lot. The terrain varies. You will see muddy bottoms areas like you do along the wolf river trails as well as up and down some hills and a creek crossing.

I like it and wanted to post because its not flat, you can do anything from a mile to 9 miles+ depending on your route and loops, and it is close by compared to other trails I have been on with similar terrain.

Some notes:

I try to be especially courteous to the bikers on these trails. They may not all be part of the organizations that maintain the trails but that is the trail's primary purpose.

As with other local trails bring bug spray, but it is treed enough I have not needed sunscreen.

You are likely to get muddy/wet feet so consider alternate shoes/socks to drive home in.