addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Memphis Outdoor Adventures Message Board Where to go? › where to go

where to go

Corey
user 8604203
Southaven, MS
Post #: 5
Well here are a few places that I recommend.

1) Arkabutla wildlife refuge. Located about 20 minutes from memphis in Desoto county Mississippi. Has anywhere from a 13 mile hike to moderate 1-5 mile hike. Maps can be found at the ranger station.

2) Wall Doxey state park, located in Holy Springs Mississippi. I have only been here twice, but I have a farm about 10 minutes away. It is a short 30 minute drive down hwy 78 to holy springs then 10 minutes south on hwy 7.

3) Battesville ark. About a 2.5 hour drive from memphis. I have gone here several times to climb. has a couple of short trails and some decent camping spots. Really nice weekend getaway spot.

4) the wolf river "Ghost River section". about 45 minutes east of Memphis. I have never hiked here, but have heard it offers some really nice trails. Will try and research it some more.