We are a group of local writers who meet face to face every second Saturday of the month to discuss everything important to writers. Each meetup has a primary discussion topic and message board follow-up.
Guidelines for MWC:
* Updated Critique Guidelines: tailor your own groups and find beta readers!
Specialized critique groups are requested/setup online via email or group message board. You can build your most productive group by announcing you want to build one, or contacting individual members by viewing their personal page and making an offer. We have through experience, decided not to perform critiques during general meetups as they do take up all the time allotted. The most effective critiques usually begin online with a pre-read and then discussed during specific critique meetups - another effective critique format is keeping it all online.
* Networking is to be done online using the message board as an announcement or using the personal pages section. PLEASE! Fill out your pages similar to a business card at the top and then provide further details below. This is very important if you want to network within this group.
* We will self publish the Memphis WordStream Journal again this fall. This is a collection of member works in a minimag format. Submit directly to organizers and is due no later than November 30th this year.
* There will be announcements of local events such as: conventions, book signings, creative writing classesand more as they come up. Please contribute anything you are aware of by email or message board. Announce your own signings or events!!
* We will havewriting promptsand other creative projects to encourage and push each other to keep writing as suggested by members.
This is your group - it can be as beneficial to you as possible - but you have to make it work for you.