Merrymeeting Resilience Message Board › Plots Available in the New Community Garden in Brunswick

Plots Available in the New Community Garden in Brunswick

Amory W.
user 8312043
Brunswick, ME
The Brunswick Topsham Land Trust working with the Midcoast Hunger Prevention Program has started a new community garden off of Baribeau St. (between Pleasant Hill Rd. & McKeen St.) in Brunswick. As of today, Saturday 3/10, there are 19 plots left. The plots are 10' x 16'. (You can apply for more than one.) They cost $25 - $35 depending on whether or not you are a member of BTLT. Also everyone with a plot is required to commit a certain number of hours (one a month?) to woking in the Common Good garden plots. All vegetables from the Common Good plots will be grown for the Brunswick Food Bank. If you're interested, call BTLT at 729-7694.

Amory
Amory W.
user 8312043
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 11
I got it wrong. The individual plots are 8' x 10'. Also you should know that there are a lot of experienced gardeners involved with this garden so there will never be a shortage of advice. This would be a great way to learn if you haven't done much gardening.