Merrymeeting Resilience Message Board › Reclaiming Freedom and Radio Stardom

Reclaiming Freedom and Radio Stardom

Burl H.
burl-hall
Sabattus, ME
Post #: 76
We are escaping from freedom by allowing ourselves to be dependent upon the gov't and corporate system, according to Eric Fromm, social philosopher and psychiatrist. As women's liberation helped to diversify roles that women could play, we need a people in community liberation to develop equitable health, education and welfare services and become independent of the corporate state.

Are we tired of the gov't educating our kids via standardized means, our being dependent on the "system" for health care (while wondering if we will have any or not), while being poisoned by a food system run by organizations that are basically psychopathic? The system is like putting our heads, and the heads of our children, into the hands of a Boston Strangler.

This will be a planning and discussion group where we, together, make plans to develop healthy systems.

Yes, this takes Transition Town to a whole other level. It is, indeed, more than peak oil and doing permaculture gardening. In my opinion, it is the development of fundamental change.

I'm hoping this will be a regular meetup where we begin to plan to take charge of our health, welfare and education on community levels while reducing dependence on corporations and government for our livelyhood. By welfare I am including food welfare, for what we ingest affects everything about us.

Also, Merry and I are on a new adventure regarding sustainabilty. We now have an on-line radio show. Yes, we have given up our writer and therapist rags for the riches of the bright lights. Kidding aside, we'd love it if you take a listen to our first live show with the kids that came biking through Maine to determine how we are becoming more sustainable. Mind you, Merry and I are not trained for radio or t.v. But, that's ok....I think overall it went pretty well. The address is: http://www.blogtalkra...­