Merrymeeting Resilience Message Board › Keeping this meetup going?

Keeping this meetup going?

Stephanie B.
user 6185676
Topsham, ME
Hi all,

As some of you might have noticed, Amory has stepped down as the organizer of this meetup. Now it seems as though we have 15 days for a new organizer to step up and keep this thing going. I don't know about all of you, but I would hate to see MP&T become a thing of the past.

I am willing to become the organizer, or better yet a co-organizer of the group. However, I have very limited funds, and running the meetup site does actually cost $12-19/month. I suppose I'm writing to see how many people are interested in becoming more involved in the group, and to see if anyone has ideas for some meetups we could have in the next few months to help cover some of those costs. Perhaps we could have a big meeting to talk about in what direction we'd like to see this group go?

There's currently 175 of us. Thats a lot of people with similar values and goals, and I think that together we could create some wonderful things. I'm looking forward to hearing what all of you think about this!

Best,

Stephanie

shadi t.
user 11324534
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 2
Dear Stephanie and all,

I too would hate to see this group to become a thing of the past and you are so right with 175 of us holding the same values we should surely be able to do something. I often can't leave work which is as an innkeeper at Kismet Inn however, I am willing to offer my space for a meeting to see what we can do to keep the group. We must have the meeting at a time when I have no guests.

Please, let me know if that is of any help to continue the group.

Shadi

Stephanie B.
user 6185676
Topsham, ME
Post #: 13
Thanks Shadi, for your support and for offering your space! Right now it sounds like most of the core people won't be able to get together until early October. What does your schedule look like for that time period? Do you live in Brunswick?

Thanks!
Stephanie
Burl H.
burl-hall
Sabattus, ME
Post #: 92
Stephanie, since your area joins with mine, you want to network together to try and boost attendance and to help the cost. Perhaps one of us can back out and we combine to pay the 12 - 19 bucks? This is something that would need to be discussed with the group....but we already have folks that are in both and I know I even have some that are close to the Portland area. Burl
shadi t.
user 11324534
Brunswick, ME
Post #: 3
Dear Burl, you had written an article regarding the wisdom of Westin Price, I was reading it suddenly it got deleted. Is it possible for you to email me that article please.