Wagaraw Field in Hawthorne has an adult-sized jungle gym on which we've created an obstacle course to hone our basic movements.
Then we'll move on to learning the obstacle course and the rest of the meetup will be spent running the course and analyzing ourselves to find areas for improvement.
If you are local to Hawthorne, you can skip this section. This is only for members coming from the south.
If you're coming from the south, take the Parkway North until you hit exit 156. Please only follow your GPS AFTER you take exit 156 on the Parkway.
After exit 156, follow your GPS to 289 Wagaraw Rd, Hawthorne, NJ. This puts you in the parking lot of J-B Pet Supplies. The jungle gym is directly across the street. You can either park at the pet supply store or pull into the parking lot for the park. I give you the pet supply store as a destination because the jungle gym is kind of "hidden" if you park in the park's lot.
TO FIND US:
Here is a picture of what the jungle gym looks like. That's where we'll meet.
- Water: No water fountains in the area; bring a bottle.
- Clothes: Dress in comfortable gym attire. Make sure it's something you're willing to get dirty.
- Jewelery: Leave it at home, especially rings, which tend to get snagged on things and cause nasty finger injuries.
- Towel: Bring one to put down on the seat for the ride home. Between sweat and dirt, your car will thank you.
- Sunscreen: Highly recommend you wear it.
- Weather: It can be unpredictable and absolutely affects our outdoor workouts. PLEASE check this page and (if you are RSVPed) your email prior to leaving the house. If weather is too iffy to cancel early, an event can be canceled up to 30 minutes before it starts, so be alert!
Être fort pour être utile...."Be strong to be useful."