Metro DC Kirtan Message Board › New Meetup: InnerTuning Mantra Meditation: Very rare private concert

New Meetup: InnerTuning Mantra Meditation: Very rare private concert

Brecken (.
user 2928304
Newton Center, MA
Announcing a new Meetup for Metro DC Kirtan!

What: InnerTuning Mantra Meditation: Very rare private concert
When: Friday, July 29, 2011 7:30 PM

Suggested donation: $20.00 per person

Where: SRI Center
3301 Windy Bush Road
New Hope, PA 18938

Dear Metro DC Kirtan peeps ~

This is a VERY special invitation that deserves a bit of extra explanation. I'll be going up to New Hope, PA on Friday, July 29th to a very rare private living room concert by my teacher, Sri Shyamji Bhatnagar and staying overnight at the center where it's held, a lovely large house called the SRI Center. I probably ought to tell you some of the background of what this means to me....

I may have told you that I've had a very deep, special attraction to the tamboura (Indian drone instrument) for a long time, and I was compellingly attracted to take a retreat in May with Shyamji, a master who uses tamboura and voice in a practice called InnerTuning for opening and healing microchakras. The retreat was one of the most amazing experiences of my lifetime.... The SRI Center is an incredibly gorgeous, sattvic, healing environment in itself, and Shyamji's voice and tamboura created some of the most elevating and transforming chakra experiences I've ever had. Shyamji is getting well advanced in years, and I've asked him if he will offer a private home concert series for a close circle of people to share his wisdom and extraordinary gifts, and although he usually doesn't open up his home for such things, he's agreed! :)

We'd be leaving around 2:00-3:00pm on Friday, July 29th and driving up to New Hope, having dinner on the way. We'd help set up for the concert, which would be 7:30-9:00pm, and then settle in for a very peaceful night's sleep after the chakra opening that Shyamji's music provides. We'd get up before 6:00am for sunrise yoga and meditation practice, and then have a light, healthy breakfast (which we'd bring). If you'd like to sign up for a healing session, you'd have it that morning -- otherwise we can just lounge or meditate in the SRI Center, go for a walk around the pond, etc. We'd leave by lunchtime and have lunch on the road as we come home.

Shyamji is currently paying out of pocket to maintain the SRI Center, so anything we could give would be a donation to offset his (very sizable) costs. The requested donation for the concert itself is $20, and if we stay overnight, it's recommended that we kick in $40. (A far cry from most hotels in the area, which are well over $100, and not nearly as beautiful or sattvic.) Let me know if you'd like to have a private healing session with Shyamji on Saturday morning, and I'll see if I can set that up. He'll only do one or two.

This will probably my only time driving to Shyamji's from DC, so it's a rare opportunity to take a trip together. :) But if you want to come in future months (I'll be coming down from Boston), we're shooting to have these little personal retreats the last Friday/Saturday of every month.

Please let us know if you can come for this very special healing adventure....

Check it out!