Energy Consumer Empowerment Workshop
CRES is pleased to host a FREE Energy Consumer Empowerment Workshop
Saturday, January 26th from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Colorado Renewable Energy Society, 3245 Eliot St., Denver, CO 80211
Colorado Renewable Energy Society is kicking off the New Year with a special event that will help you keep your New Year’s resolution to become more involved in the causes you believe in. This event will take the place of our regularly scheduled meeting every fourth Thursday.
Learn about energy and utility issues affecting your bills. Find out how to contact and engage legislators, rule-makers and policy makers in discussion about these issues.
Come, learn and be heard!
Why Are My Electric Bills Continually Increasing?
What Can I do About it?
- Why Your Utility Bill keeps Going Up and What You Can Do About It
- How the current rules benefit utilities’ record-breaking profits and drive up electric bills
- How Dirty Energy is Driving Up Our Electric Costs
- The Connection Between our Energy Use and Extreme Weather Events
- How to Influence Policies that Impact You and Your Family
- How to Talk to and Lobby Legislators, Other Elected Officials and the PUC
Senator Morgan Carroll (D-Aurora) will make a lunchtime presentation, and copies of her book "Take Back Your Government: A Citizen's Guide to Grassroots Change" will be available.
FREE EVENT & LUNCH
WHEN: Saturday, January 26, 2013, 10am to 4pm
WHERE: Colorado Renewable Energy Society, 3245 Eliot St., Denver, CO 80211
CONTACT: Email or Call Gina Hardin [masked], (303)[masked]
RSVP HERE: http://members.greenpeace.org/event/view/4446/
SPONSORED BY: Co-Force
CO-SPONSORED BY: CRES,Padres Unidos,Rocky Mountain Peace & Justice,Eco-Justice,Interfaith Power & Light,Progress Now Colorado,Occupy Greeley,Occupy Denver,Clean Energy Action,WildEarth Guardians,Rocky Mountain Chapter of the Sierra Club,Greenpeace,Colorado 350.org,Fossil Fuel Free Denver