CRES-Denver Chapter Message Board › Volunteers Needed to help pass 2B and 2C (energy municipalization) in Boulder!

Volunteers Needed to help pass 2B and 2C (energy municipalization) in Boulder!

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi all,

I am working on the "Yes on 2B and 2C" campaign in support of municipalizing Boulder's energy utility. I've been making phone calls in the evenings and going door-to-door on Saturdays, talking to Boulder voters about why this issue is so important.

It has been a really interesting experience - most folks I speak to are supportive of our efforts and are grateful to get a few questions answered. We are even changing some "no" votes to "yes."

The field program is in full swing now and I invite you to get involved-we really need your help! We're working against a ton of paid canvassers that are out on the streets every day. With a small election like this, a canvassing or a phone bank session could make the difference.

The issue could not be more important: if Boulder votes YES on 2B and 2C, we give our community the tools it needs to explore all of the options. We can find out how much purchasing our electricity grid would cost -- to see if it would be feasible to join the 29 other communities in Colorado that have affordable and reliable municipal utilities. If we vote NO, of course, we are tied to Xcel for another twenty years, during a risky and uncertain time.

Phone bank shifts are Sunday 4-8pm, Monday-Thursday 5-9pm
Canvassing shifts are Saturdays 10am-2pm and Wednesdays 6-8pm

Please send me a message at sydney.len@me.com to sign up to help! Also visit http://www.renewables...­ for yard signs and information.

And "like" Yes on 2B and 2C: Vote for Boulder Light & Power and Give Boulder the Power on Facebook!