addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Poker Night (week 1)

  • Nov 17, 2012 · 7:00 PM
  • This location is shown only to members

 

It's been far too long since our last Poker Night, so I'm bringing it back... with a different sort of twist

Warm up game will start at 7pm and the buy in will be $10 - you are permitted one re-buy if it's within the first hour.  Prizes will be split amongst the top 2 or 3 players, depending on how many there are.

The main event will begin at 9pm or whenever the first game ends, whichever is later and the buy-in will be $20.  A player may re-buy as many times as they desire as long as it's within the first hour.

Here's the new twist: 1st place will take home 50% of the pot and 2nd place will win 25% of the pot.  The other 25% will be placed into a master pot that will grow over the course of 10 sessions. Unless another event or holiday conflicts, these poker nights will be happening every 3 weeks or so.

After 10 sessions, all players that took either 1st or 2nd during any of the 10 weeks will automatically be entered into the final tournament with 50 extra chips added to their stack for each time they took 1st and/or 25 extra chips for each time they took 2nd.  If a player for some reason can't make the final event, they may give their spot to someone else, but the extra chips will be forfeit.  It will also be possible for other players to buy their way into the grand tournament, but the buy-in will be significantly higher (The total amount in the pot divided by the number of winning entrees).  If I had to venture a guess, it will be somewhere around $50+

During the 11th session, we will hold the grand event and the payouts will be 50%/30%/20% to the top 3 players that night.  Here's some food for thought: let's say there are only 10 players each session and no one ever re-buys.  In that case, there would be a $200 pot, $50 of which will go into the grand event.  If this happens each time, there will be a $500 pot to be played for.  Now, let's say that we have 15 people each time, and let's say 5 extra people buy into the tournament for $50 a piece... this will produce a grand event pot of $1000, which means $500 to first place, $300 for 2nd, and $200 for 3rd.

 

 

Please BYOB and any snacks you may personally want, and possibly some extra cash for pizza if you're interested.  This isn't a typical party, but games and TV will be available for those that want to hang out after they get knocked out of the tournament

Join or login to comment.

  • Robin T.

    Okay... based on the interested, the payout for the main event will be slightly different. 25% will still go into the growing pot for the session to be held months down the road. However, in interest of more people leaving happy, the other 75% will be split up more than just the top 2 spots, however, only the top 2 spots will win entries into the grand event. Assuming that we still end up with roughly 16 players, the other 75% will be split up 40/30/20/10% to the top 4 winners.

    November 17, 2012

  • Robin T.

    I just double checked the meetup events that I have this cross listed with. It's looking like we'll have 16 people, assuming all of those that said they're coming show up... this is not including anyone on the maybe list. Looks like we'll have a pot over $300.

    November 17, 2012

  • Robin T.

    For those on the fence, something to keep in mind is that I have this cross listed with 3 different meetup groups and facebook too. That being said, the game should have a good turn out, which means a nice pot to win.

    November 15, 2012

13 went

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy