Metro DC Book Meetup Club Message Board › November book poll now open, closes 10PM Sunday the 28th

November book poll now open, closes 10PM Sunday the 28th

Mike
user 6994275
Group Organizer
Arlington, VA
All,

The poll for November's book choice is now open.  The Amazon links are shown below.  The poll will close on the October 28th at 10PM.  The Meetup will be the 28th of November at the Elephant & Castle near Metro Center with dinner at 6:30PM and discussion at 7:PM.

Just a few administrative notes for those who were at the Meetup.  Cloud Atlas was 528 pages, way over the limit.  I could not find a good Poe collection that was with in the page/paperback range, so, in a command decision (it's good to be the King - or at least the Moderator), I went for an H. P. Lovecraft anthology, since that we were thinking that way anyway.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.  See you on the 28th.

Mike

Kindred by Octavia Butler

The Best of H. P. Lovecraft: Bloodcurdling Tales of Horror and the Macabre by H.P. Lovecraft

Frankenstein by Mary Wollstonecraft Shelley
Katie V.
user 18328291
Washington, DC
Post #: 1
The Best of H. P. Lovecraft. My roommate was an English major, and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the man and his writing!
Mike
user 6994275
Group Organizer
Arlington, VA
Post #: 3
The Best of H. P. Lovecraft. My roommate was an English major, and had nothing but wonderful things to say about the man and his writing!

Katie, you can vote until Sunday night. The poll is under More on the taskbar under the meetup title.

MIke