addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

MetroWest Movie Meetup Message Board › How to help NJ/NY residents

How to help NJ/NY residents

Dana G.
DanaGillin
Westborough, MA
Hello, Movie Lovers.

We are 552 strong. We live in an area of the Northeast that got off very easily from Hurricane Sandy. The stories out of New York and New Jersey are horrendous. And I think it's our responsibility to help.

As I did with Haiti, I am now doing with Sandy. If you give to the Red Cross, or have given in the past week, and email me (dana@framesbydana.com) your receipt -- or just email me telling me the amount if you don't have a receipt -- Paul and I will match your donation. We will do this through the end of the year. Please give and give generously, which we know is hard in these times. Even $10 at person would be a tremendous achievement for this group -- it would total $5,520 and we'd double it to $11,040. It could have easily been us asking for help from the rest of the country.

Alternately, as many of you know, I'm now a proud mom and am looking to help families who have been affected. I'll be making a BJs run this weekend to buy as much on this list as I can:

Water
Non-perishable foods, i.e. peanut butter, tuna fish, soup, cereal
Flashlights w/batteries
Diapers
Blankets (gently used or new)
Towels (gently used or new)
Children's clothing (gently used or new) i.e. coats, hats, socks, shoes

I will then drop off the items at a designated place in Southborough and they'll be taken by a donated truck to Tom's River, NJ, a community that has been particularly hard hit by the storm.

If you'd like to buy anything from the list and drop it off at my house, please email me (dana@framesbydana.com) and I'll send you my address. I'll then take it to Southborough. OR you can PayPal me any amount of money or drop off a check at my house and I'll use that money to buy these items at BJs. This particular offer runs out this weekend. I'll be going to BJs on Saturday evening and probably then to Southborough on Sunday.

Please help our brothers and sisters in New York and New Jersey. They'd help us if the storm had come just a little bit north.

--Dana

dana@framesbydana.com

P.S. In movie-related news, Paul and I saw Argo last night. AMAZING movie. And based on a true story.