|Sent on:||Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:08 PM|
This event is on Saturday, December 15, 2012 at Cedar Hill State Park. Please RSVP by December 10 at:
• Arrive at Pavilion #1 after 10:00 am. You will have to pay $7 per adult for a day pass to the Park. There is no fee for the picnic itself.
• The MAs will provide grilled burgers and hot dogs starting at 1:00 p.m. We will also provide buns, ketchup, mustard, utensils, potato chips, plates and paper towels. (Thanks to Libba and Monte for donating the plates and paper towels!)
• Please know that veggie or vegan burgers you bring will be cooked on the same grill as meat products.
• We're hoping volunteers will provide lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, onions, and pickles.
• Please BRING A SIDE DISH to share! There are electrical outlets if you want to bring a crock pot, but you'll also need to bring an extension cord.
• Please BYOB, either alcoholic or non-alcoholic. Note that "public consumption" of alcohol is prohibited in Texas state parks. If you choose to drink, be discrete, beware of actions that might lead to a public intoxication arrest, and definitely do not drive if you are impaired. The MAs do not provide any alcoholic beverages to our guests.
• No pets are allowed in the Pavilion where food is served. In addition, any pets you bring must be on a leash.
• At 3:00 p.m., Maggie Hattan will be hostessing our annual white elephant gift exchange at the Pavillion. We ask that all participants spend no more than $10 per gift. Funny gifts are welcome! If you have a CHILD who wants to participate, please bring a child-appropriate gift. This part of the picnic is optional, but is always a lot of fun!
• ONLY RSVPs on the Metroplex Atheist MeetUp page (listed above) will be counted when the MAs shop for food.
• After the picnic, we will move to our group campsite for a roaring fire. The location of the group campsite will be announced at the picnic. (Thanks to Randy, our fearless leader, for donating firewood!)