|Sent on:||Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:23 PM|
If you (and yours) want to camp at Cedar Hill State Park on Friday, December 14 and/or Saturday, December 15, YOU MUST PAY IN ADVANCE for your site. Pre-payment allows us to reserve a block of sites so we can easily enjoy these extended celebration opportunities. Each site is $20/night; this fee includes two parking spots, running water, electrical hook-up, a grill/fire pit and, well, a place to pitch your tent(s). There are public restroom/shower facilities throughout the park.
All payments must be made BY DECEMBER 1 via the Metroplex Atheist PAYPAL account. Visit MetroplexAtheists.org and follow the link on the top of the homepage to make your reservations.
• The only meal provided by the MAs will be the picnic lunch on Saturday. Leftovers will certainly be shared, but bring your own food.
• The MAs will sponsor an additional campsite for our group to gather around a warm, roaring fire during both Friday and Saturday evenings. Randy Word is donating the firewood.
• Anyone who would volunteer to provide S'mores supplies will certainly be loved by all.
• If you plan to have your own fire at your site, bring your own wood and be sure all embers are extinguished before you go to sleep. It is typically dry during this season, and fires can spread rapidly.
• Public consumption of alcohol is prohibited in Texas state parks. If you choose to drink, please be discrete, beware of actions that might lead to a public intoxication arrest, and definitely do not drive (even between campsites). The MAs do not provide any alcoholic beverages to our guests.
• Expect cold temperatures, so bring adequate gear and clothing.
• Campers should also bring flashlights/headlamps, trash bags (to hang from provided hooks above ground level), water for yourselves (don't count on drinking water from the provided taps, although it is potable), outdoor extension cords (power outlets are often 20-plus feet away from your tent-pitching area), and (I reiterate) bedding/clothing to sleep comfortably in December temperatures!
• Check the weather before you arrive. It may rain, snow, or freeze. There are no refunds if you prepay for your campsite, because we will have already paid Cedar Hill in advance.
• If you do not reserve a campsite in advance, you may certainly arrange one on your own through the park! However, you may be in a site that is not in close proximity to our group. PREPAYMENT IS STRONGLY ENCOURAGED.