add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Metroplex Atheists Message Board Meeting Places › Meeting Places

Meeting Places

Terry M.
Group Organizer
Grapevine, TX
Post #: 3
Recently there has been some interest in having our Wednesday meetings somewhere other than J. Gilligan’s and Blue Danube. I have started this forum on our Meetup site as a place where we can have online discussions about specific reasons for our satisfaction or dissatisfaction about where we are now meeting and the possibilities of meeting at other places.

Let me be clear about this: I am not volunteering to cure all dissatisfactions concerning meeting places.

If someone wants to meet at another place he or she should use the “Ideas” function of Meetup to see if there is enough support for the new place. If there seems to be enough support, please talk to Randy or I about when to schedule at the new place. Anyone wanting to meet at a new place will be responsible for setting up the meeting with the management of the new place. If there seems to be disagreement about the new place, we will use the "Poll" capabilities of this Meetup site to guage the preferences of the whole group.

Some of the other atheist Meetup groups are expanding their Meetups to other times and places. For example, some are having Friday happy hours at places other than their normal meeting places. This forum could also be used to see if there is interest in Friday happy hours or any other kinds of meetings.

If anyone wants to contact me directly concerning any of this, please feel free to do so.

Will C.
Coppell, TX
Post #: 5
Greg and Laura said:

I'd like to suggest BoomerJack's in Lincoln Square for the April First Wednesday. As far as I can tell, it meets all of our criteria.
Will C.
Coppell, TX
Post #: 7
I second that (Lincoln Square), just in case such a thing is helpful smile

Boomerjack's is certainly worth a try, IMO.

I imagine I (or someone) could just post the info to the calendar now, but I'll wait a bit for comment... or for someone meaningful to command it. biggrin