Metroplex Board Gamers Message Board › Important changes to the Metroplex Board Game Meetup

Important changes to the Metroplex Board Game Meetup

Robert J.
user 6855794
McKinney, TX
As they have now modified MeetUp such that it is now possible for any group member to schedule a meetup I have decided to make some changes which will hopefully make it easier for gamers to take advantage of this group. I have found that this general purpose Friday meetup isn't really helping everyone get together to play the games they want to play. Instead I would like members to schedule Meetups for specific games they want to play. As always you are welcome to use any of the games from out library, so you don't need to own the game to schedule it.

First, I have cancelled the weekly recurring meetup on Friday nights starting next week. However, the Clubhouse will continue to be open almost every Friday night and gaming will continue as before. If you are or want to run a game simply schedule a meetup. To do this:

• Type the name of the game into the "All Members can suggest Meetups: Let..."
  • Enter a description of the game into the "We should do this because" field
  • Specify any Friday night. The clubhouse is open from 6pm to Midnight.
  • Select the "AnimeFest Clubhouse" as the venue
  • Fill out the rest as needed

For example, if you want to play Risk, Dominion, Scrabble or any other game on a Friday night, simply create a Meetup for it. Other members can then sign up to play with you. Hopefully this will make it more clear for everyone and make it easier to find players for the games you want to play. My job keeps me incredibly busy, so I sometimes get behind on emails. This change should make the group less reliant on me personally.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me. (rjenks@animefest.org)

-Robert