addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Mexico Aficionados Message Board › Recommendations

Recommendations

Gail
egail
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 177
Every time we get together.....there are alot of great recommendations for places to stay, etc.

It would be great if you would post them under this topic.

Hope to see some action here.
Pauline H.
user 11337247
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 6
I stayed at the Hotel San Diego in Mexico City for three weeks in Sept 2011. It was a budget hotel but I was pleased in every respect. I booked it through Hotels.com and got it for a bargain price. In fact the price went down twice after I booked it and I was credited with the difference both times. In the end I only paid $28. At that price I was very worried about what I would find but it was a real bargain. It had a king sized bed, huge TV, very clean bathroom with lots of hot water, free internet with a computer room on the main floor and there is a restaurant attached. I can't vouch for all the rooms in this hotel but if you are looking for something close to the historical center and subway at a budget price, I could certainly recommend it without hesitation. All the rooms are non smoking and mine did not have any trace of old tobacco smells. It looks like they have added "in room safes" since I was there. It is listed at all the usual hotel booking sites--Hotels.com is the service I used.
Jayne
wunderlust
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 14
I stayed at Hotel Catedral. 95 Donceles. It was not 28 more like 40 dollars but it is a block from the Zocolo, clean, well run and the best. I would not stay anywhere else. Also a block from the hostel that charges the same price for a single. I would go to the hostel for tours and breakfast and info, and stay at Cathedral.
Of course, do not miss Museo Soumaya.
Juanita
adriana
adrianaaa
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 124
I just come back from DF last week and I stayed at the hotel El Roble, booked from booking.com... A block from Zocalo, fully renovated bathroom & room with wi fi and 2 bottles of water daily, really clean and amazingly quiet in such a perfect location. It was only $32/nightly. I will go again there next time.