-- Please RSVP for this class if you believe you are Beginning/Intermmediate Spanish Speaker (see NOTE) --
For several months we have been exploring how we can provide our members with high quality, economical Spanish workshops and classes. We have met with Spanish teachers in person and online, spoken with schools and continue to evaluate "in person" options as well as "online options" for the near future. Thank you to all who have participated in this process.
One online option, however, stood out from all of the others. Miami resident and SLCC member Enrique Kates is a highly qualified, experienced teacher of conversational Spanish, and is offering to run small online groups for us at a cost, and with flexibility, that we simply couldn't refuse. Here are the details:
Description: Starting September 28, Enrique is offering online conversational Spanish classes using his own state of the art online classroom platform. All of the classes are offered on a first come, first served basis. Classes will have a cost of $5 per student payable by PayPal (details to follow).
FOR INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP YOU SELF EVALUATE YOUR FLUENCY LEVEL FOR THESE CLASSES PLEASE VISIT THE "MORE" TAB ABOVE, AND CLICK ON FILES FOR A PDF WITH MORE INFORMATION.
Note: For purposes of self evaluation before RSVP'ing for this class, Beginners have little or no understanding of the language. You may have been exposed to it for years, and might even be able to read it and get the gist of what is written, but you generally cannot understand what is being said by a native speaker, and most native speakers cannot understand you if you try to speak the language. You may have had no formal training at all, or years of classroom training that was heavy on vocabulary and grammar - but didn't develop your ability to speak. Many people develop a fear of speaking the language due to a simple lack of practice and find that they advance quickly once they start conversation classes. Even those who can read Spanish with confidence may in fact be beginning speakers. Vocabulary and grammar is often quite limited. You may have enough phrases under your belt to be able to handle routine daily encounters such as greeting your mailman, placing an order at a Spanish restaurant or dealing with basic travel phrasebook phrases – but there are no words when you are faced with any other situation as they may arise day to day.
Enrique will share his evaluation of your fluency level with you after the first class and suggest which class during subsequent weeks would best suit your needs. He will also provide information about your fluency to the SLCC group organizers so we can more easily arrange other learning activities for the group.
- Small (4 student) classes give you a lot of personal attention not available through traditional classes
- No need to worry about traveling to a venue that is miles out of your way. You will take classes at home or wherever it is convenient for you, and still get to know other members of your group.
- Proprietary online classroom offers audio (you will need a microphone) and video (you won't be required to have a web cam but it would be nice to see you) capabilities. It has a place where you can take notes online during class, chat with fellow students and the teacher and allows the teacher to provide all teaching materials online during the class (no additional text book cost.) All you need is a computer and the ability to log on to a website.
- Snowbirds, your reason for taking Spanish classes just flew away. You can sign up and take weekly classes regardless of your location. All you need is access to a computer and a microphone.
- THE FIRST CLASS IS COMPLIMENTARY! And at $5 per 1 hour class thereafter, this is the least expensive small group Spanish program you will likely find anywhere, yet the teacher has amazing credentials and a state of the art program. As the group's organizer, I've tried this method and can attest that it is easy to use and is focused on teaching students to speak Spanish quickly and efficiently.
- You will be given the opportunity to RSVP for one class at your fluency level each week (when offered), so your financial exposure is never greater than $5 at any time and you don't have to make a long term commitment or pay large sums up front for classes or workbooks. You keep attending as long as you feel it's worth your time and money.
Enrique offers one-on-one online Spanish Classes as well, at rates that are well below anyone else we've seen. There is absolutely no requirement to sign up for his one-on-one classes and he will not pressure you to do so, but once you experience his method you may well decide this is worth considering.
Here is a link with a lot of information about Enrique including some videos: http://edufire.com/us...
If you RSVP yes, please be at a computer and ready to go no later than 7 PM. Using your internet browser enter the classroom by signing in as a guest using your SLCC Meetup Screen Name at Enrique's Classroom: https://na2.connectno...
If you would like more information, please email me at [masked], or Enrique at [masked]. Alternatively, if you have Skype you can often reach Enrique at enrique.kates.