Michigan Photo Adventures Message Board › Cooled Lightroom Output

Cooled Lightroom Output

JT Pedersen
user 12931445
Ann Arbor, MI
Post #: 2
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hello Everyone,

Sometimes, when exporting from Lightroom, the resulting JPG looses a noticeable amount of warmth. Not all the time, but frequent enough to be annoying.

I am curious if anyone else experiences this and, if so, what your solution may be.

This is not a screen calibration issue or similar. I can take a 'warm' image, export to JPG, and get the cooled image. Open it using a couple different image viewers and compare side-by-side with Lr and see the difference. In web-destined images, sometimes I have simply done a screen capture of the image in Lr, pasted into and saved with one of the viewers in order to maintain the right color temp.

Of course, the crux of this problem is that it always seems to happen right when you need to export that 'one' important image.
Paul
user 52218222
Troy, MI
Post #: 7
I have not seen this in either LR4 or LR5 TJ.
John C
user 57196672
Westland, MI
Post #: 20
JT, I don't use LR so I'm not familiar with this problem, but wondering if you compress the image when making the JPG. Sometimes the compression can cause a color shift or other odd things to happen.