Michigan Photo Adventures Message Board › Wacom Tablet

Wacom Tablet

Sue M.
Windspirit
Waterford, MI
Post #: 3
I am using Photoshop elements11 and someone who was teaching a class was using a Wacom Bamboo tablet, wondering if people in our group are using them and if so what size, and would you recommend one. Thanks
A former member
Post #: 20
Sue,
Where did you go for the class on Elements 11?
Thanks for your reply.
Jamie F.
dbaJamie
Southfield, MI
Post #: 9
I am now using the small Intuos Pro, an upgrade from my pre-Bamboo tablet. The small seems fine, gives me the control I need over a mouse or trackpad and easily fits in my laptop bag when I travel. It has built in wireless connection. You have to fight through the learning curve to get used to it, but it is worth it. IMHO
I am using Photoshop elements11 and someone who was teaching a class was using a Wacom Bamboo tablet, wondering if people in our group are using them and if so what size, and would you recommend one. Thanks

Paul
user 52218222
Troy, MI
Post #: 9
Sue, oddly enough I am currently debating this move as well. I have seen a few presentations from people using them all all comment that they prefer it over the mouse. In general i have heard the same as Jamie though - learning curve to start but then you will hate to use a mouse again.

The "bamboo" is done i believe and its now the intuos or intuos pro. It was recommended to me to get at least the medium size. Both amazon and B & H have the intuos pro for 320 right now and the intuos for like $185. B & H Indicates it's a $30 instant savings that goes through march 6th (tonight!) on the Pro model. The differences appear to be built in wireless and preset buttons mostly but it was not obvious to find a way to compare them.
Sue M.
Windspirit
Waterford, MI
Post #: 4
Jamie and Paul, thanks for your input, I still have not decided which way to go, so I am
looking so Utube videos trying to decide..in the mean time I will keep working on learning PhotoShop