PLEASE NOTE this workshop has been moved to the Iselin, NJ office due to unexpected closing of the NY Office on this date. The workshop on November 9 will also be held in Iselin, so please make note.
Step out from the cold and join us for a series of workshops. In this workshop learn how to build compelling Windows 8 apps. This workshop focuses on the integration of the
Active Access API. Be prepared to learn best practices to building on the Windows 8 downloads as well as a few tips on marketing apps to increase downloads.
Refreshments will be served.
Seating is very limited
To make the best use of the time allotted, please make sure you have the following prerequisites on your computer before coming:
This workshop is hands-on, so to get the most out of the event we strongly encourage you to bring your laptop configured with the following:
1. Mashery Developer Account
2. Mac users only: Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion
3. Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64-bit) (a 90-day evaluation version available here)
4. Visual Studio 2012 Professional (free for DreamSpark or MSDN subscribers) or Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8 (free for anyone)
To publish to the Windows Store you will also need a Windows Store developer account:
1. If you are a student, use the DreamSpark benefits for a free account
2. If you are an MSDN Subscriber, use the one-time free account benefit associated with MSDN
3. Otherwise, the account is $49 per annum, but via the free App Builder Rewards program, you can accrue points to cover the fee as well have access to technical and marketing resources as you launch your application in the marketplace.