Join us for a series of workshops and learn how to build and market compelling Windows 8 apps. This workshop focuses on how you can use a third party REST API (e.g. Eventbrite) to build a fully functional Windows 8 Application using best practices and patterns such as MVVM. You will also learn strategies on how to share your code across Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. Tips and expertise on how to market your apps to drive up your download numbers will also be included. Let's get building!
Refreshments will be served
Seating is very limited
This workshop is hands-on, so to get the most out of the event we strongly encourage you to bring your laptop configured with the following:
1. Mac users only: Boot Camp, Parallels Desktop, VirtualBox or VMWare Fusion
2. Windows 8 Professional or Enterprise (64-bit) (a 90-day evaluation version available here)
3. Visual Studio 2012 Professional (free for DreamSpark, MSDN subscribers or a 90-day evaluation version available here)
To publish to the Windows Store you will also need a Windows Store developer account:
1. If you are a student, use the DreamSpark benefits for a free account
2. If you are an MSDN Subscriber, use the one-time free account benefit associated with MSDN
3. Otherwise, the account is $49 per annum, but via the free App Builder Rewards program, you can accrue points to cover the fee as well have access to technical and marketing resources as you launch your application in the marketplace.
3. Visual Studio 2012 Professional (free for
a 90-day evaluation version available here